Danielsaurus is about children, society, and other stuff.
And sometimes dinosaurs. Because who doesn't like dinosaurs?
The whole kit-and-kaboodle is written by me, Daniel Bigler. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I am a writer, teacher, and researcher who studies children's lives and issues. Sadly, I am also not a dinosaur. See?
Wait a Minute... Who Is This Again?
I'm Daniel. (Hi.) By day, I teach whipper-snapper university students as a faculty member in the interdisciplinary field of Children’s & Childhood Studies. It's kinda an awesome thing.
By night, I rule the skies, looking for bats. Because I'm Batman. I also like to make interesting things, read interesting words, and (occasionally) write interesting thoughts – and sometimes I go bowling.
Other things I've done before this, in no particular order:
- Worked as a teacher in a Reggio Emilia-inspired preschool;
- Starred in Survivor alongside Emile Rousseau (we kicked Locke off the island);
- Attended graduate school. Twice. I earned an MA degree in Childhood Studies from King's College London, and another in Children's Rights from a university in Switzerland whose name I still can't pronounce;
- Lived on a canal boat in London, fortunately surviving dozens of pirate attacks; and...
- Won a trophy in elementary school. I don't remember what it was for, but it's my proudest accomplishment.
As for what's next? Well, I'm thinking about joining a barbershop quartet.